Tuesday 18 March 2014

A Few Too Many.

Oh hey there.
Student: 


A severely sleep deprived person attending a university. Said deprivation normally due to studying, but more often, social life. 

or

Student life for many might entail being bone idle, eating kebabs, stealing traffic cones and getting "totally wreaked!". Mostly middle classin origin, a great number of them seem fascinated with alcohol and consuming large amounts of cheap larger at arguably cheesy student nights. 





So as the above may suggest, students have a reputation for going out, getting drunk and stealing traffic cones.

I am not one of these kinds of students.
I like my bed, my electric blanket and chocolate however occasionally I break out my little shell and go wild. (this is also not true, my wild is most peoples mild)

Since Christmas I've been out a little more than usual and had a few adventures. 


I met Jamie Lang from Made in Chelsea. 
I look incredibly happy and red, he looks completely underwhelmed and fake smiling.


Was a pirate (granted this was only for one picture, but I did get a free eye patch afterwards!)

 Was Minnie Mouse for a friends 21st

And once or twice, I went out looking like a normal human being. Hard to believe I know.


So the last picture was on valentines; a horrendous night. If you've been around a while, you'll know I wrote some really funny/awful stories about the nights out in Bangor! Well here comes another one haha.
In the picture I've got a sticker on my dress right? This was my number for the night, it was one of the most horrific ideas for a theme 'shag tag'. 
First year valentines has it's own little story, which you can read here and here (I recommend you do, it's one of the most hilarious stories I've got), second year I spent it with my then-boyfriend and this year it was us girls sticking together again. 
Now, first things first, me and my friend did not go for this night...at all. We'd gotten our exam results that day and were pretty happy, so we wanted to go out to celebrate; little did we know what horrors valentines night had in store for us. 

So shag tag, pretty much they gave you a sticker/tshirt (there was no way I was going to wear a tshirt saying shag tag) with a number on it. Then they had massive screens all around the club with a phone number on it, people were encouraged to text to that number a message to the person of their choosing with reference to their number. Like "hey 365 you're looking pretty hot! From 876", things like that. Were things as nice as that sent in? Not in your lifetime. They were disgusting, things people only say when they're hiding behind a number and a screen. Lots of mentions about private bits, degrading, trash talk. 

That wasn't the only thing, the people in the club assumed that because single girls were out on Valentines, we were looking to pull. No way. We got shouted at, touched, propositioned. 
We lasted 45 minutes and went home to bed. 

What a stupid idea for a night out. 

Have you had any similar horrific themed nights out?

Love, Elizabeth xx

I tweet too: _lizabethstone


14 comments:

  1. Urgh, definitely a horrible night 'shag tag?' so degrading not every girl who goes out is asking for it. Anyhoo you looked lovely :) I want an eye patch now. I'm the first definition of student, always leave my work until like 2 days before its due!

    Just Smile.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how awful - who in their right mind would think its a good idea for a theme?! so dangerous!
    you look lovely in the pictures anyway and really glad you're back to blogging :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, liz (can i call you liz? :D ) i miss your update fyi :)
    indahpasaribu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so cute x

    I've followed you using GFC! Please return the favour by clicking here>>> Soooomsies

    ReplyDelete