Tuesday 3 July 2012

Wedding Fever.

Last Saturday I went to a mega cute wedding.
There were 10 little bridesmaids all in pale blue dresses and holding hands.
2 little page boys followed. All suited and booted.
Adorable.

The bride and groom were beautiful, as was the service.
When the bride walked down the isle and the groom turned around.
His words "You look beautiful" made me tear up a little.

I know many people say it, but I'm going to repeat it.
When the Bride walks down the isle, everyone looks at her, witnessing her wedding day beauty only a bride can be; but I look at the Groom, because the first time he sees his Bride in her dress. Well that's just a magical moment.

The wedding was really family orientated, with all the bridesmaids and pageboys being relations to the family which made it really special :)

During the service, all the bridesmaids (the pageboys were too little) and a couple of older members of the family read a line each of 'The Sonship Song'. Their little squeaky voices over a microphone, precious.
They had a twist on the traditional wedding, since the church was small they had to go into another room to do all the legal registers and whatnot. So during that time, a guy from our church read a children's story.
As strange as that sounds, it's such a beautiful story. 
The story was 'You are Special' and about little wooden people who put Stars and Grey Dots on eachother, depending on what they thought the person deserved. 
Throughout the story an insecure wooden boy learns that nobody can judge him, because the Woodcarver who created him loves him and made him perfect. 
It was a story I loved when I was little, and the guy who read it has the most amazing American accent, you can't help but listen.
Was a gorgeous wedding...and I'm running out of superlatives to describe it!
My OOTD:


Of course my dad said my dress was too short- I think it's an obligation to say it!
Dress: Primark £5
Shoes: I borrowed my mums plain black pumps

FOTD:

  • Rimmel Gel Eyeliner
  • Scandaleyes Rimmel Mascara
  • Berry Crush Lip Stain

    Have you been to any mega cute weddings recently?

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    Tweet Me: _lizabethstone
    Instagram Me: _lizabethstone

44 comments:

  1. you look beautiful!
    I have a wedding in 2 weeks time, I haven't been to a wedding in about 8 years so have no idea what to wear!! :(
    everyone else has brought their outfits and I haven't a clue!


    xxx
    zoeliannex.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice the dress!!!really cute!Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww cutee!
    Wish i had more weddings to go to I've only been to one
    Good excuse to get all dressed up for a fabulous day :D

    alex
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad thinks all dresses are too short, even maxi dresses, it is clearly programmed in to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weddings are the best! Love that dress you're wearing - so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is gorgeous!Lovely post!:)
    xoxo Maria♥

    makeupkiss14.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your dress is really pretty! Love the color! I'm your newest Bloglovin follower :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a wedding that we going to in August. Other than that, we haven't been to any in a while! There are certainly a lot going on right now, though.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was that dress only £5? What a bargain!

    I haven't been to a wedding for ages. I do love a wedding!

    Caroline
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look gorgeous!love this dress!

    follow you!if you want check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to a wedding reception a few weekends ago and the first dance was so beautiful, and then the bride danced with her dad and I almost fell apart :)

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're absolutely right, seeing the Groom see his Bride is one of those special moments I totally agree as typically men are all macho but at that moment they just crumble, very sweet.
    Love your outfit, it's so girly, Dad's of course do have that obligation ha-ha.
    I'm going to a wedding this weekend but it's in Poland and I went to a wedding earlier in the year to the Dominican so, I expect if/when I get married everyone should come to mine seeing as I travel all over for everyone elses haha! ;-p
    xxx

    Tia xxx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like the loveliest wedding ever! Those bridesmaids and page boys sound super adorable. I want a cute wedding like that! Preferably to Ryan Gosling.
    You look gorgeous, your dress isn't too short at all! But that's dads for you, I think they'll only be happy if we leave the house in maxi dresses with longjohns underneath! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. your dress is lovely (the length is fine!) and I love what you did to your hair x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your hair! Now following on Bloglovin!

    xo,
    Courtney
    girlavantgarde.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute dress! I think the length is totally fine but that's a dad for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elizabeth- I always look at the groom as well!! I think it's really special when he sees the bride for the first time! And I love your OOTD!
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    $75 Shopbop Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You looked so pretty :)
    I'm loving your blog, it's such a great blog :) I'm following right now. If you want, follow mine too :) xoxo
    Btw, i love your room!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your dress! the colour looks great on you, really great looking:) If you want we can follow each other? let me know;) I follow your nice blog from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww this sounds such a cute wedding! So lovely when it's so personal. You look gorgeous and it's a dads role to say that your skirt is too short! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful dress! I always tear up when the bride walks down the aisle lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, that is so sweet that you look to the groom! Sounds like it was a lovely wedding. You look adorable in your dress and your hair is gorgeous! I'm a new follower :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look so cute :) pls check my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look absolutely stunning,honey!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the dress

    www.tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous dress, I don't think it looks too short.
    Can't believe it's Primark it looks way more expensive.
    I love weddings too (:

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the dress it brings out the colour of your eyes xox

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow, that's a great post, you have style! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. The dress is beautiful and your hair looks great! xA

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't believe this dress was only 5£ it's stunning, I have a wedding at the end of the month but I don't think it will be as good as the one you described here, magic post!
    Xo
    City-aholic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute dress, nice blog, follow each other?
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the dress! So cute! I haven't been to any weddings lately. It seems like everyone my age is already married. Oh man, am I getting old?!

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  34. u are so beautiful sweety =) xoxo
    rococosh.blogspot.com ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the outfit, love your blog! Def. following!

    xoxo

    Allie

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey dear,pretty nice dress!!
    Btw,I'm following ur blog now,hope you'll follow me back??
    Thank youuu...

    http://silverscented.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. You have a beautiful face :)

    xx
    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete