Monday 15 August 2011

Life in a muddy field, Minnie Mouse and my return :)

I'm back from my muddy adventure!
This is gonna be a picture heavy post, I warn you now :)

Life in a muddy field is a lot more fun than it sounds.
It rained 4 out for the 6 days, and it was SO muddy! I said wellies were essential, some people just wore flip flops and was just crazy muddy.

This was the mud on concrete..you can imagine the mud on the actual grass!
It was also very cold, so hoodys were a God send.

On the second day, I was going to boil some water for some hot chocolate on my little camping stove, so I got it all ready and turned it on and it BURST INTO FLAMES. I realise that this seems over dramatic, but genuinely I was terrified. The gas canister had leaked over night on the cooker, and then just consumed itself in flames. After shouting "STEVE" (my youth leader), he came a running and poured 2 water carriers over it to put it out. Was very traumatic at the time, especially as I was very very close to it, and was very very fortunate not to be burnt!
This was the controls after it had been put out:


The week consisted of lots of meetings and was just so fun. I've been going for 7 years, and this year was easily the best. There were 15 of us and we all became so much closer over week and I think we really bonded. Of course there were some stressful moments (certain members of the group had no respect for other people's property, and others claimed they were too young to cook and wash up therefore refusing, resulting on us waiting on them hand and foot a lot). But overall just so fun, we laughed so much, I shared a tent with my best friend Claire, which was hilarious. We hadn't seen each other that much this summer, so spending time with her was amazing and we became so much closer :)
Only some of our group, I was one of the youth leaders this year :)

The last day was dressing up day and I got a chance to wear my Minnie Mouse costume :)

Note wellies, myself and Claire :)



Marie, Princess, Rex, Hercules, Scooby Doo and Minnie Mouse :)

It was a sleep deprived, sugar fuelled, ninja game playing week and was fantastic, amazing, brilliant :)
We came home yesterday and my bed was so good. I had a bath and the dirt that came off me was horrific. The showers at Soul Survivor was disgusting and cold, so anything hot was so welcome!
I slept for 12 hours last night, and I'm still so tired!

In other news, I made these today



They look yummy, I'm yet to try one yet though!
Also, I'm 18 in 3 hours and 40 minutes :)
Hope you're all good
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment