Wednesday 7 December 2011

Dear Santa ♥

I've taken this off Life of a Sweetaholic. She has such a good blog I thought I'd copy this bit, check it out! http://sweet--rachel.blogspot.com/

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate for sure! With lots of cream and marshmellows, I keep on buying hot chocolate in uni, there's a particular cafe under the university who does lush hot chocolate.
I've never had egg nog, but I can't imagine it tastes nice...the name doesn't exactly scream nice does it? Anyone else tried it?

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
I'm pretty sure the elves do that bit, although Santa does put the bows on at the end...just to make them extra special :)

Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
We always go for white lights and then have a theme of colours for the rest of the tree.. white lights are more versatile with themes. My dad doesn't let us put lights on our house...every year I try and persuade him!

Do you hang mistletoe?
I don't, I can just imagine the awkwardness when you end up (or knowing my friends, being pushed) underneath it with some random person haha.

When do you put your decorations up?
We usually do it 2 weeks before Christmas, but as I'm at university at the moment, I decorated our flat last Saturday, and my mum will decorate the house whilst I'm still here... I'm quite sad I'm missing out on that, me and my mum do it together every year.

 What is your favourite holiday dish?
Oohhhh, I do love the actual Christmas dinner! 
But on Christmas Eve we always get loads of food, like a buffet with mini everything (cheesecakes, burgers, pizzas), lay it out on the table for the evening and watch a Christmas film, and I love doing that...so I think the buffet may win.




Favourite Holiday memory as a child?
Being really really happy surrounded by my family :)
But I get that memory renewed every year, as its hard to pin both my parents and brother down for a whole few days! 
Also, I guess getting presents that are truly surprises.
Like one year, I got a tv for my bedroom, and I hadn't asked for one at all, hadn't expected it, in fact the thought of having one hadn't crossed my mind, but my parents were really generous and bought me one :)

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I've absolutely no idea,  I can't actually remember believe in him but I'm sure I did :)

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Not really, we had never done it but last year we were watching 'Modern Family' and they had a tradition on opening a present of PJ's every Christmas eve. So we decided to do it! 
It was probably a one off though haha...

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
White lights, a colour theme for the baubles, the usual ornaments like a birth announcement for my brother (they never thought of it for when I was born haha) and ones that we made when we were little :) And then beads and fake snow..and the topper changes every year depending on how my mum feels!

Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I love snow itself, because everything's so peaceful, quiet and beautiful.


However I absolutely detest when it gets so icy as I'm clumsy under normal circumstances, let alone ice. And now that there's Bitch Hill in my life, it will not end well.

Can you ice skate?
I've been once, I can't say I was very good at it, not good combination with my afore mentioned clumsiness haha.

Do you remember your favourite gift?
My favourite gift..there have been many.
One that stands out is a present from an ex boyfriend last year. 
We'd been best friends for a year and a bit before we went out, and we knew each other really well. So for christmas, he got me a toy Red Panda. I am obsessed with Red Pandas, and it was so touching that he'd actually listened and hunted out a toy one (which is actually harder than you'd think as they're not common animals) and to this day Ming Carlos is a very treasure friend and one of my favourite possessions.
We dressed him up in winter gear haha.

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with my happy family. 
My parents work a lot, and are so committed to working hard to have money to spend on us, sometimes we hardly see each other (obviously before I went to uni), so any time we spend altogether and in a happy warm environment is so special :)

What is your favourite Holiday Dessert?
Custard :) I don't like Christmas Pudding, but I adore the custard haha.

What is your favourite holiday tradition?
Lounging around, watching christmas films, and eating lots with my family :)

What tops your tree?
It differs every year, usually a different variety of star.

Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I love giving gifts that I know my family are really going to love and appreciate.. but of course I love getting them too :)

Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
I don't have them often enough to be able to judge...

Favourite Christmas show?
Ohhhhh, anything christmas themed haha!

Saddest Christmas Song?
Are there sad christmas songs?!

What is your favourite Christmas song?

All I want for Christmas is you....haha :)

Feel free to leave your own answers so I can have a nosy
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment