Sunday 30 October 2011

Fancy Dress: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as you've never seen before.

I've never done Halloween before, it's just not done in my family. However, this year, being at uni and all that meant that it had to be done...and properly.

So we went as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Normal I know, I was Donatello apparently, and I've never seen so much effort go into any costume...
So firstly we had to make shells, these were baking trays that were spray painted green and brown and attached to us with string.
The masks were felt which I made into masks with measuring peoples faces and eyes (funniest thing!).
The bands were left over felt, and we were green head to toe. The girlies had green tights (Thank goodness!) which made it easier, and we covered every little showing flesh in green paint.
It was so hard to get off, even now, 24 hours since, I have green paint patches all over me and I keep on finding them!
Our flat was basically covered in green paint, and having to get into the shower at half 3 in the morning wasn't the best idea, but there was no way I was sleeping like it..it'd probably stain my skin!

We tried to win a £100 bar tab for the best costume, but they never announced the winner :(

Now, a couple of photos of our amazing efforts.. 





We were so proud of our efforts.
Anyone else dress up? Any photos? xxx


1 comment: